Emergency Dentist – Carrollton, TX
Relieving Your Dental Pain Fast
You can’t always plan for when you need to visit the dentist. If a severe toothache or broken tooth catches you by surprise, Dr. Durga and our whole team are prepared to accept your dental emergencies. Sometimes, getting attention right away can mean the difference between saving your tooth or not.
If you are unsure whether or not you’re dealing with a dental emergency in Carrollton, remember that if you’ve broken something, are in pain, or are bleeding from the mouth, chances are you need to seek urgent attention. Contact us right away, and a member of our team will let you know what to do.
Why Choose DD Family Dentistry for Emergency Dental Care?
- Talented Dentist with Experience Caring for Smiles of All Ages
- Wide Range of Personalized Services All Under One Roof
- Numerous Options to Make Emergency Dental Care More Affordable
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
A dental emergency is called an emergency for a reason. The sooner you can get to our office for treatment, the higher your chances are of a full and easy recovery. If you let a toothache fester, we may need to extract your tooth rather than providing a simple root canal. When emergency occurs, time is of the essence so call our office right away if you’re experiencing one. From there, here’s what you can expect:
- Schedule a same-day emergency appointment: We make every effort to see our emergency patients the same day they call us. We’ll also provide first-aid instructions for managing your situation until you can reach us.
- Your emergency exam with Dr. Durga Devarakonda: As soon as you arrive, we’ll get to work relieving any immediate, intense pain and examining your smile to determine the extent and source of your emergency.
- Review the findings and make a plan: Next, we’ll review our findings with you and fully explain all your treatment options. You’ll always know the estimated length and cost of a treatment before we begin.
- Get the care you need right away: As soon as you’ve agreed to a treatment plan, we’ll start repairing your smile, whether that’s with a filling, root canal therapy, or something else entirely. Before you know it, you’ll be back to enjoying a happy, healthy, and pain-free smile!
Should I Go to the ER for a Dental Emergency?
If you can, it’s always better to visit our office for a dental emergency because we specialize in dentistry. However, there are some situations that require an immediate ER visit. Jaw injuries, deep facial cuts, bleeding that won’t stop, or anything that affects your breathing should be treated at the nearest urgent care. However, for chipped teeth, lost teeth, or other dental injuries, we are ready and able to help you get back to full health and comfort.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
There is a difference between dental pain and an emergency. Sometimes, a piece of food can cause significant pain and irritation, but by simply brushing and flossing, you can make yourself comfortable. However, when dental pain occurs that keeps you from doing your normal activities like eating, speaking, and focusing on work, you’ll need to visit our office right away for treatment. Additionally, if any part of your tooth breaks, even without pain, you should call us as soon as possible for treatment. If you see your situation listed among the following common dental emergencies, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us right away!
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
If the unexpected happens and you experience a serious dental injury or infection, you should not be afraid to contact your dentist because you are worried about how much treatment will cost. At DD Family Dentistry of Carrollton, we are committed to providing quality, affordable dental care for every patient, including those that need emergency treatment. Our dedicated staff will work on your behalf to maximize your dental insurance benefits and reduce out-of-pocket costs. We are also happy to connect uninsured patients with additional resources that will make paying for emergency treatment extremely manageable and not a major source of stress.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
When a dental emergency occurs, it’s important that you have a plan in place to get help as quickly as possible. But wouldn’t it be better to take proactive steps to avoid seeing an emergency dentist altogether? At DD Family Dentistry of Carrollton, we’re here when you need us most, but we’re also available to help you safeguard your smile with ways to prevent dental emergencies in Carrollton. Below you will find some useful tips you can apply to your daily life that will ensure your teeth remain damage-free. If you have any questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.
Dental Emergency FAQs
You never know when you might encounter a dental emergency, so it is understandable to have some questions about what you can expect. Here are the answers to some of the most common inquiries we receive about dental emergencies in Carrollton. If you don’t see the information that you’re looking for below, don’t worry. Just give us a call, and we can answer your questions and schedule you for an urgent appointment.