January 3, 2018
For far too long you’ve suffered from imperfect teeth and lacked the confidence that you’d love to have, but you’re not sure how to fix this problem. However, you do have plans for how your life will change once you get the smile of your dreams. The time has come to materialize what has previously just been a figment of your imagination. And that’s why your local dentist is glad to inform you about the amazing benefits of Invisalign of Carrollton. You’re invited to continue reading to learn more about this process.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners are FDA-approved BPA-free plastic trays that comfortably adjust your misaligned, gapped, crooked or crowded teeth until you arrive at the beautiful smile that you’ve always wanted. Here’s how the process works:
- Initial Consultation – You will first have a consultation with your dentist to determine whether you are a good candidate.
- Step #1 – The first step after determining that Invisalign is right for you, is for your dentist to take 3D scans of your teeth to create your aligners.
- Step #2 – At your next visit, you will receive all of your trays, each set to be worn for two weeks and discarded for the next pair in the sequence. You will continue like this until the final adjustment is made.
- Step #3 – The final step is to receive and wear a set of retainers after you discard the last pair of aligners. This will help ensure that your results are maintained permanently.
The Advantages of Invisalign
There are quite a few advantages to choosing the Invisalign procedure. Here are some of them:
- No Brackets or Wires – Unlike traditional braces, this process requires no metal brackets or wires to adjust your teeth. Instead, you will wear clear trays that will allow you maintain your dignity.
- Easy Maintenance – You are also able to remove Invisalign trays for cleaning, which means that you won’t have the normal restrictions that come along with traditional braces, resulting in you being able to brush and floss your teeth just as you normally would.
- Lifestyle Conveniences – You will wear your Invisalign braces of Carrollton for at least 22 hours a day, removing them to eat and drink liquids other than water. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about breaking them or restricting yourself to certain foods.
- Confidence – You don’t have to wait until your teeth are corrected to experience more confidence. This is because with your clear aligners, you’ll have the fortune of improving your smile without having to worry about people staring at cumbersome metal braces protruding from your teeth.
Change is one of the realities of life, but this is a chance for you to make positive adjustments that will impact your life forever. Reach out to your dentist in Carrollton to learn how you can chart a new path of joy and happiness with Invisalign.
About the Author
Dr. Durga Devarakonda received her undergraduate degree from the University of Massachusetts and then went on to earn her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. A member of the American Dental Association, Dr. Devarkonda has a diverse background in pediatric, general and geriatric dentistry that allows her to care for patients from ages 1 to 100. She practices at DD Family Dentistry and can be reached for more information through her website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.